Image Map

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the green mountain state...





For the 4th of July holiday we visited Chris's family in Vermont.   It's always a fun and relaxing time, and this trip we decided to conquer Camel's Hump - one of the highest peaks in Vermont.   It was by far the toughest hike I've ever done.  Lots of big rocks and balancing - my calves are still sore!   I, of course, did it in my Chacos and ended up with Green Mountain soil in every crevice of my toe nail beds.   It was the perfect day for a hike... cloudy, not too hot, and had just rained so just slightly humid.   However, when we reached the summit we were a little disappointed with the not so 360 view we'd been promised.   Unfortunately it was SO FOGGY that all we saw when we looked up off that highest peak was WHITE!   It started to clear up slightly as we headed back down the mountain, the lack of reward for the 1.5 hour hike made the walk down a little harder than normal, but it was worth the struggle and  I would definitely go back and do it again!   

I hope your weekend was as fun, fireworks, and family filled as mine was!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment