Image Map

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Budget Savvy Shopping; January

One of my New Year Resolutions, or Goals I sometimes call them, was to set a monthly shopping budget for myself and stick to it!  I did this in hopes to not only over spend, but to really think about my purchases and buy things that are timeless, multi-season pieces.  It saddens me to admit this, but I went over budget this month :(  I set a $200/month budget, which may sound like a lot but that was downsizing (I have an emotional shopping habit, OK?).

Here's what I found...

From left to right:

Jeans: Gap regularly $69.95.  I purchased them on sale for $23.00

Turtleneck Cotton Sweater: Gap (similar) On sale for $9.99 but it had a small hole in the neck, so I received another 20% off and got it for $4.20

Purple Crew Neck 3/4 Sweater: J.Crew Factory on sale for $19.99

Black and White Stripe 3/4 Sleeve; H&M $12.95

Teal and Brick V-Neck T-Shirts: J.Crew Factory I got the $10 sale, but they're $6.99 now for select colors AND you can get an additional 40% off the sale items with the code MOREPLEASE.

Green T-Shirt Dress: H&M $12.95

Nude/Blush Cut Out Booties & Pink Decorated Flats: SoleSociety On sale BOGO Free $49.99

Nike Free Run 3: $100

Subtotal = $243.08 

EEP! Don't worry... I kept shopping...


Cobalt Blazer: Arden B Regularly $78.00, got it on sale for $10!! 

Gold Envelope Clutch: JCP. Regularly $29.99 got it on sale for $5

Beige Faux FurCharlotte Russe Regularly $29.99, I got it for $14.50 but NOW it's on sale for $9.99!!

Grand Total: $272.58

The new running sneaks ultimately are what put me over.  Those are not a regular purchase item and normally I wouldn't even include them into my "shopping budget" but, I was trying to be more responsible!   
I will not be buying much in February to account for the $72.58 overage in January. 


Do you set a budget for yourself?  
Do you typically come in under or over?

No comments:

Post a Comment