Image Map

Friday, February 3, 2012

Cali, once more...

Hopefully the next time I come to California it's for a full on vacation! I would like to see more than the Hacienda Hotel and LAX!
We arrived yesterday afternoon, pacific time. Settled into our hotel and then went to eat. After trying to find a healthy restaurant in the area we landed at In and Out Burger... Not exactly healthy, but exactly what we needed. Picked up some groceries for the room - wine, fruit, bagged snacks... Then we headed for a place to practice teaching to each other. Ran through a bunch of our steps - I'm felling pretty good about my teaching ability. I just need to take my time and focus on the details.
Once we got back to our room there was a strange alarm going off... It sounded like the alarm clock! If there were a fly on the wall watching us, we must have looked insane crawling all over our room trying to find where this alarm was coming from. We even unplugged the alarm clock and it was still going - we thought we were going crazy! Then we decided to open the bottle of wine. I brought a wine key because I didn't want to have to buy one... Literally could not pull the cork out. I tried to hold the bottle with me feet and pull with both hands.... Kelly tried to hold the bottle while I pulled... Finally I just let it sit there for a second, tried again - Pop! It came out, thank God.

We called the front desk and asked to switch rooms. Now mind you, we have an open bottle of wine, two plastic cups full of wine (classy I know) three bags of groceries and all our belongings....
We packed up and moved all of our stuff and settled into our new room.

Now we're up early looking to tackle the longest day of our lives. We don't teach until the evening....
Off to breakfast and practice we go!

Here's some snaps from the trip so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment