Image Map

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

brave...

I hope everyone had a splendid Holiday. 

 I'm not sure of you who braved the crowds and ventured out into the malls and shops the day after Christmas.... But, we did.  

What we should have done - is gotten up at the crack of dawn and hit the stores at 6am.  Maybe then, we wouldn't have gotten stuck.  Stuck in the parking lot.  

We arrived at East View Mall at approximately 12:00 pm EST.   The first store we hit was Forever 21, and we each found a few things to purchase there.  Not necessarily on sale, but their prices aren't bad at all. We hit another store, and a few more, by the time we reached JC Penny's we were about an hour and a half in....  It was like someone all of a sudden flipped a switch and all these people appeared.  It was to the point where if I wanted to stop and look at something, I felt I would be run over by the crowds behind me.   Finally we decided, as we were all getting a bit on edge, to exit and head over to the plaza which had more stores (Old Navy, Target, Best Buy, etc).   It was apparent then, that the majority of the greater Rochester area was at East View Mall - we nearly got stuck in the parking lot.  

We managed to make it out alive and pulled back into the lot where the other plaza was.  Spent about 30 minutes in Old Navy; by the time we got back into the car (3:27 pm EST) the traffic was horrific!  We managed to pull out in front of the stores and we were stopped.  15 minutes, 20, 25, 30, 60, 90 minutes passed and we probably moved 2 yards.  :( 

As you can see from the photo I acquired some nice things - nothing was worth sitting for 2 hours in the car.   When I left my parents house Monday night my mom just hugged me and said 
"Thanks for the memories" in the upmost sarcastic tone.  We just burst out laughing.   

Did you brave the mall?  Get anything good? 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment