Image Map

Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012...



I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season!  Mine was certainly filled with friends, family,  and loads of food.  Chris was in town this weekend for New Year's - we had a blast exchanging gifts, taking Malu (freshly 1 year old) to the dog park, spending time with friends he has here, and of course spending time with each other.   Saturday we had shopped our faces off - Chris had scored a deal for buy one get one suits, they were also able to get his alterations done same day so he could wear his new Justin Timberlake look out :)   I waltzed into Express thinking "I can't afford the clothes here" and found a really classy LBD to rock.  Picked up some lunch and some gold accessories and we were on our way! 
For the evening festivities we bought tickets for an all inclusive evening at a club downtown.   It's not somewhere we typically go, so it was nice for a change of scenery.   We ate, we drank, laughed and chatted with friends.  The ball dropped, we toasted, kissed and an hour or so later cabbed it back home.  

With the blog being almost 1 year old and my recent lack of ideas - I've decided to take this creative outlet in a slightly different direction.    Every year we make resolutions and stick to them or...maybe not so much.   You know the average bit - lose 10 pounds, save more money, see the world, stop swearing...etc.
I really only have 1 true goal, and that's to pass my solo teaching section when I do my repeat exam in February... But, I'd also like to focus on this as well.  So, as this blog was intended to be a "life after Irish dance", I will be striving to turn it back into that.  

The "study" schedule for January is as follows:
Monday - Practice teaching imaginary students
Tuesday - Teach actual students
Wednesday - build step repertoire
Thursday - Teach actual students
Friday - hit the bar :) 


So, thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope I can keep you more interested in the future :)
Cheers to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment