Image Map

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tis The Season...


Now that we've officially embarked on the Holiday season, I can't help getting more and more anxious and excited as each day passes.  Just as a little kid would secretly stay up too excited to sleep on Christmas Eve.

I'm proud to say that I'm nearing the finish line of my holiday shopping - which, is really exciting and relieving.   It is so enjoyable to brainstorm for the perfect gifts, sift through the stores after they've been beaten down by the masses.  Wake up in the middle of the night to get those online sales...

Every year my sisters and I do a gift exchange.  It is truly my favorite tradition.  We typically call it "secret santa", however it never really ends up staying secret.  There are 4 of us, so inevitably somebody always figures out who somebody else has, and then you know who you have and BOOM the secret's out!    This year we tried to throw some ideas out there - because, you know, we like doing the gift exchange because it offers an opportunity to purchase a nicer gift since we're only buying 1 verses 3.   So after countless tries pulling names, pulling your own name, pulling the name of the sister you bought for last year... My genius father decided that he was just going to declare who we bought for this year.
"Ryan you buy for Sara, Sara buys for Nina, Nina buys for Morgan, Morgan buys for Ryan - DONE!"

Looking at each other, confused, slightly disappointed, and a little angry we burst out with cries of "No! - we can't do that, that's not fair..."
"Wait! No! That won't work.."
"Wait..." We all looked at each other again...  "Yeah, I mean I guess that works out"

So, Morgan's gift is got.  It sits under my tree patiently waiting for wrapping paper and loving decoration.

What's your favorite holiday family tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment