Image Map

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

on being barefoot...



I'm sure we all grew up the same.  By that I mean, running around with no shoes on in the summer time. Feeling that cool grass between your toes - or maybe the boiling sand...  Grass stains from the freshly cut lawn, or mud from a rainy day.   I personally love being barefoot, so when I read about this Barefoot Running theory it definitely sparked my attention.  

I've decided to go ahead and try this to the best of my ability.  What I mean by that is, I have various chronic injuries from the years of running and Irish dancing and a nasty pronation issue.  So, instead of going cold into running with zero footwear to protect my little piggies, I decided to go with the NikeFree sneaker.  A sneaker which offers significantly less support than the Mizuno Wave's I was previously/currently sporting.   

So, far I'm seriously impressed!  No pain in my calves or achilles tendon - no pain in my shins (chronic issue) - no fatigue in my legs while running.   Overall, I'm happy.  Now, I've only been running in these things for a week... still, I will keep you posted as to the status of this endeavor.   

If you're a runner - check out the Theory, and the new inventive footware they've come out with (Vibram Five FingersNew Balance MinimusNikeFree and many more). 




1 comment:

  1. Crazy crazy! My husband really wants a pair of these! Look forward to hearing what you think of them after longer. I'd definitely be up for trying them out.

    Love that first photo! xx

    ReplyDelete