Image Map

Sunday, July 17, 2011

how to... dress for a wedding?

Tis the season for summertime weddings!  I never know what to wear.  Of course, you don't want to overshadow the bride... yet, you want to look your best out of respect for her.  It's challenging to say the least. 

White is OUT!  Do not wear any kind of white dress to a wedding - my personal opinion of course, is not to even wear a flowered white dress.   What should you wear, you ask?  Well here are what I will be trying to rock to the 3 (yes, 3!) weddings I have this coming August... 

Now for the financially frugal, or savvy (whichever you prefer), places like Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe offer some really adorbs dresses.   And for only $15-$30/dress you can probably afford to get 2!
Here are my favorites: 



Paisley Print Maxi with Leatherette Trip via Forever 21

Some weddings may be fancier then others; this dress offers a great deal of pizzaz.  It can be dressed up with the appropriate accessories and heels.  Or, for the casual BBQ style wedding, a nice pair of gladiators and an adorable understated clutch will do the trick.

For a mere $24.80 it can be yours...












Ruffled Floral Print

This one is a little bit more dressy, yet still wearable outside of a wedding scene.  

Dress it up further with cute chunky heels and some bangles and you're all set.

Another steal at $22.80











For the more financially fortunate, I'm absolutely adoring these items for summertime weddings... 

Pleated one - shoulder dress

From Banana Republic, a store I literally drool over.  This dress is summery and I would TOTALLY rock to a wedding!

Cost: $98.00













Twist-strap Dress

Very understated, cool and comfortable.  Perfect for dual purpose.

Cost: Currently $34.99-$49.99 depending on color.  I prefer this rusty rose though :)












And for the disgustingly stinkin rich, I found the following dresses which I could not stop starring at!! 

Miu Miu | Floral Print Silk Satin Dress

This dress screams elegance.  Perfect for a fancy wedding, yet not too constricting so you can party down at the reception, and look incredibly important sipping your cocktails?  Yes, please!

Cost: $1,960













Dolce & Gabbana | Printed Silk Satin Dress

When I first saw this, I was parrusing through Net-A-Porter on my iPhone, and I had to zoom in.  I was so taken by the print!  It's simply Italian countryside on the top and Limoncello in Venice on the bottom!   Although this may fall into the "looking better then the bride" category, it's still very summery and I would say appropriate for the reception at least!

Cost: $2080











You don't need all the money in the world to look great at a wedding that isn't yours - although, that D&G dress might be worth saving a whole months salary to purchase! :)  

What is your favorite style to rock at a wedding? 

No comments:

Post a Comment