Image Map

Friday, August 12, 2011

kids really do say the darnest things...

Last night I taught a great dance class.  We are currently preparing for our upcoming shows, next weekend, and every week more and more kids show up!  It's very exciting.  Unfortunately, I didn't teach a lot of these students last year and so, I don't know most of the kids names!  It's a tiny bit embarassing to say the least, I mean - some kids I know very well, see them every week, etc.  
Either way we are practicing the Sweets of May.  Now, those of you readers who are Irish dancers, and thus familiar with the dance know that it's super fun!  I go to "review" the beginning, and I'm lilting the tune "bah, da, dum, de dum de dittly dum...".  After they've completed the first "movement"/ring, I say "well, let's try that again and make it a little neater"... One of my students turns to me and exclaims
"It's much easier to dance with the music!"
I looked at her with confusion and said
"But, I'm singing the tune!"
They all laughed and claimed I (a well trained singer) didn't sound anything like it!

All I can do at that point is laugh.

From little moments like that to one student repetedly saying "Miss Nina!" until I turn and answer, you really never know what you're going to get from week to week.  That is what makes every class truly special and enjoyable.

That's all I've got today - headed out of town for the weekend.

enjoy yours
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment