Image Map

Sunday, January 8, 2012

in review...



First, I need to explain that I received a Kindle for Christmas.  Thank you Santa!  I wasn't quite sure how I was going to like the little eReader Device - because, frankly I love the smell of books and get quite a satisfaction out of turning the pages and feeling the thickness roll from one side to the other... 
After traveling through Ireland with a book, I decided it would be a lot more convenient even just for traveling sake to have a Kindle or any other eReader.   It's remarkable how much like paper it is reading, I'm so glad I hopped on the boat.    The first book I downloaded, on Christmas day was: 


Now, I'm certainly what I'd consider a "reader".  This book was extremely difficult to get into.  It took about 9-10 chapters to get moving on the plot and I was severely confused for a lot of the beginning and set up.   Once this book got rolling, it was great - could barely put it down.   

It's very dark and twisty - somewhat of a mystery and left me begging for more.  There are quite a few very disturbing areas/scenes in the book which make me a bit reluctant to go see the movie (now in theaters with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara).  I am pretty stoked to see Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomkvist :)

A light hearted chick lit is on the reading list next, then off to the second book in Stieg Larsson's series or book 1 of the Hunger Games...

Read any good books lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment