Image Map

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

in the spirit of summer...

Tis the season for outdoors get togethers and barbeques.  I'd like to share with you all two of my favorite dishes to pass!  One is a childhood favorite, and the other an adult favorite.    Friday my friend Katie is having a bunch of us gals from work over to her house for a cook-out and dip in her heated pool!  (My kind of pool, I'm such a chicken about cold water!!)  I'm bringing one of the below recipes to pass!  They are both very easy to make and party time fav's!

 
Childhood Favorite Recipe

Taco Salad

1lb ground beef
1 head of Iceburg lettuce
1 red onion
1 large tomato
1 can of pitted cut black olives
1 bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
1 bag of shredded Nacho cheese
Catalina Salad Dressing

Brown the beef in a pan on the stove.  Chop the lettuce, onion, and tomato and mix them in a bowl.  Add the olives, nacho cheese.  Open and let the air out of the dorito bag, then crush the doritos and add them to your bowl.   Now add the cooled cooked beef and stir in the catalina dressing to taste. 

Adult Favorite Recipe

Dirty Martini Dip

1 16oz block of cream cheese
2 tbsp of Mayonaise
1 1/2 cup of green sliced olives with pimento
2 tbsp of olive juice
1 shot of your favorite Vodka (not flavored)

Mix all ingredients and chill overnight.  Serve with pita chips or triscuts. 

** I always add more olives than the recipe calls for, I LOVE olives!  But, you can add as many or as little as you'd like.  It wouldn't be "dirty" without the olive juice, I add it to taste.  Again, as much or as little as you like.  



I hope my summertime favorites soon become yours!  Enjoy!
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment