Image Map

Thursday, June 30, 2011

JIG



I just found out that this movie is FINALLY coming to Rochester!!  

I cannot wait(!) to see this documentary solely about competitive Irish dance.  You know, I started Irish dancing when I was 13.  Which, is pretty late but since I had had previous dance experience (jazz and tap for a number of years) the rhythm in the hardshoe and the footwork in the softshoe just seemed to come so easy to me.  I'm a naturally musical person - having musicians on both my mother's and father's side of the family, I just love how the steps mimic the rhythm and the story in the music.  Once I entered into my first competition I was hooked!  I was always a competitive kid - I played various sports, but nothing seemed to really set my heart on fire like dancing on stage at a Feis (competition).   I knew immediately that I wanted to be very good at it.   So, I worked very hard.  Harder then I've ever worked for anything in my entire life.  Harder then homework at school, harder then I work at my job.  And although I'm not, and will never be a World Champion... I now feel it's my duty as an almost TCRG to pass on my talent and motivate and inspire my students to be a World Champions.  Now that sounds like a stage mom or crazy teacher - but, I don't mean this in a "I want to live vicariously through my students" sort of way.  But, in a "those who can't do, teach" sort of way.   Slowly but surely we are getting there!  :)  You have to walk before you can run... 

So, I hope you enjoy the trailer and if you get a chance to see Jig- DO IT!  It will give you a little insight into the crazy world in which I live, and love dearly with all my heart. 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment