Image Map

Friday, June 3, 2011

for the love of.... dance



This week I've been in recovery mode.   Recovery from last weekend, that is.  Although America had it's Memorial Day (bank) Holiday, the MGOS Irish Dance Academy was holding a workshop for Teaching and Adjudicating candidates.  We hosted Mary McElroy from Dublin, as well as dancers and teachers from all around the Mid-Atlantic (NY, NJ, PA, DE), Eastern Canadian, Southern (AL, AK, DC, FL, LA, NC, SC, OK, TN, TX, VA, WV, and Mexico), and Mid-America/Mid-West Regions.   She covered the entirety of Ar Rinci Fiorne (the traditional ceili book) and 3 of the traditional set pieces (King of the Fairies, Jockey to the Fair, and Three Sea Capitains).   It was a BLAST!  Literally, I was nearly dreading it - because I knew it would consume my weekend.  But after dancing through most of ARF, being around people with the same goal and cause, and spending time with dear Mary McElroy, I had the time of my life!  It was really great to realize that I still remembered all of the small details of that dreadful blue book, not long after hopping in did I realize I still knew every role in every dance. (!!!!!!!!)

Our students have a Feis (dance competition) tomorrow, and although I'm SO EXCITED to go camping, I'm really sad to miss it!   They have been looking SO GREAT in class, and to see their little faces when they look up on that awards board and see their number up there... priceless.  I hope Mary and Wendy take lots of photos.  You can check out shots from the last Feis on our Facebook page.  Oh, and "like" us would you? ;) 

 So best of luck MGOS dancers, as I enjoy my hike, run or lounge in the sun - I will be thinking of you guys rocking the Buffalo Feis!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog while I was bebopping around for Irish dance blogs. I'm an adult IDer that started about a year and a half ago. I love your blog! Your pictures are fantastic! Love the fashion twist too. Hope your students had a successful feis and you had a lovely camping trip. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, this is awesome!! Love the second shot! So cool! xx

    ReplyDelete