Image Map

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

summer mind dump...

It seems as though spring....er summer, has arrive here in upstate New York.   It's generally the way it goes, from 40 degrees F to about 90.   It makes me sad in the day time, watching the sun swing from one side of the sky to the other from my cubical.  Yet, giddy in the evenings when you can soak up those last few hours of rays hoping it's enough to give you the slightest tan...    All in all it's exciting, and makes me yearn for summer apparel - bikinis, short jean shorts, adorable sandles with bright flashes of color.  Neutral toned loose knit sweaters, strappy flats, adorable printed scarves, maxi dresses... 

Going to the public market on a cool Saturday morning with my best friends, the pool at my parents house and the serenity of my childhood backyard, cookouts with friends, camping!   Sometimes I wish I were a kid again, with summer's off - the summer seemed so long!  Days upon days of playing in the backyard, swimming, laying under the ceiling fan in the family room in our wet bathing suits to cool off, making Kraft blue box with Kimmy, and playing soccer in the field...  

Although I love the change in seasons, spring and summer I think are my favorite.  All the new life in the spring which transfers into late nights, hot days, concerts, and trips.  It's all so thrilling- I cannot wait for the weekends...

2 comments:

  1. i feel the same way about summer - i really don't like the heat during the day, but i love warm evenings. i also love the occasional summer rainstorm, those are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I am so with you on this. Summer is my absolute favourite. I love the feeling of the sun on my skin and sand between my toes.

    Love your description of all your favourite things... so glad to have read this on a Friday! You're anticipated weekend is almost here! Hope it's a good one. xx

    ReplyDelete