Image Map

Monday, January 31, 2011

manic monday



7am came and I was so unprepared to get out of bed and start my day.   Now that I'm up and at 'em, I feel much better.  The weekend was lovely, all of the Saturday morning parents loved the renovations to the lobby we worked so hard on.  It's a slow climb to the top, but inch by inch we get there.  It's reassuring to know that the parents are ok with our upgrades that seem to happen at a snails pace.  You can only do what you can do!
Here are some of the shots Mary took with her fancy camera for the lobby and studio space.  As you can see by photo #1, Caitlyn and I were having a good time all cuddled up on the wall together - the casual touch is for you Mel!   
I am excited to start our new platform for classes this week, it will be awesome to see how the kids respond to 1.5 hours of drills only, and then 1.5 hours of learning and perfecting steps only.  Who can rise to the challenge of knowing their steps before the next class?   We shall see...
I just found and followed another blog about the TCRG exam.  It is curious to read how other people prepare for such a bear of an exam!  Of course, I wouldn't wish failing on my worst enemy, it was funny to sit back and watch the unprepared squirm under pressure.  That sounds horribly mean, but I'm human, I was prepared, and I can't help it.   Still, waiting 6-8 weeks for results is utter torture!   I do it less and less, but I can't help but to replay every small detail, all the tiny mistakes, just wondering - did that fail me?   To think that I sacrificed so much, put friendships on hold, my relationship on hold basically!  I can't fathom doing it again.  However, I am on a positive wave.  Things in my life are coming back together, so more and more I tell myself, just wait and see. 

Just like our studio, getting my apartment back to normal is a slow paced project.  Christmas decorations are finally down and away, but now I have a ton of laundry to put away - the fun never stops.  

We're supposed to get a blizzard, perfect timing for Groundhog day.
stay warm.  be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment