Image Map

Sunday, March 27, 2011

soccer

Yesterday I went with a friend from work to watch the Toronto Football Club team at their season opener. The sun was out, the drive was pleasant, and the company was great. I have never been to a professional soccer game before. I played soccer as a youngster and through high school, watched Mia Hamm and Brandi Chastain and the USA woman's World Cup team rip their shirt off in victory... Yet, never went to even a Rhinos (Rochester's minor league team) game. The atmosphere was incredible! People chanting, heckling, drinking and eating delicious stadium grub. I myself, indulged in some Poutine, a Canadian specialty. The dish traditionally consists of French fries, cheese curd, with owey gooey gravy poured over the top. I added bacon to mine and Jon went with the TFC special, traditional Poutine add bacon, pulled pork, and sausage. Yum!

TFC ended up winning the game to top of the afternoon (2-0).

After I arrived back in the USA, I met up with Chris and friends. We went down to a local hotel, where friends of ours were renting a room to have a hotel pool party. Going into this I thought it was incredibly silly; I wad pleasantly surprised by the lovely hot tub and good company. Turned out to be a lovely day. :)

xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment