Image Map

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Almond Banana Muffins

On the Paleo Diet it's sometimes hard to find an indulgent snack or meal to eat.  Sure, I can top anything I'd like with bacon, red hot, or dark organic chocolate...  But, nothing everything tastes like a dessert.
I found this banana bread recipe that used almond flour and tried it.  I made a few substitutions so I'll list my version of the recipe here.   It came out wonderfully!  Then, I tried to make them muffins... dare I say they came out even better?


INGREDIENTS:
1 serving of cooking spray (used olive oil, vegetable oil is not paleo)
2 cups Almond Flour (Found mine in the organic section at the grocery store)
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
2 ripe bananas (used bananas I had previously frozen, they were nice and black)
1 Cup of Ghirardelli Organic 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).  Spray loaf pan or muffin cups with cooking spray
2. Mix together almond flour, ground cinnamon and baking soda in a bowl. 
3. Beat two eggs in a bowl.  Mix in water, vanilla extract, honey, and mashed bananas.
4. Add Banana mixture to your dry ingredients.  Be sure there are no dry areas visible.
5. Pour into loaf pan or muffin tin.  
6. Drop chocolate chips into top of batter (they will sink to the bottom otherwise) 

**If using muffin tin, be sure to fill to just about full they do not rise like typical batter.

Loaf Bake time: 45 minutes
Muffin bake time: 25-30 minutes

Let cool, and enjoy!! 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am going to start the Paleo diet in a few weeks and I'll add this to my recipe list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete