Image Map

Friday, February 15, 2013

Paleo Stuffed Peppers

I am always trying to find ways to make my favorite meals growing up "paleo".  Here is how I turned the classic stuffed pepper with beef and rice into a paleo friendly meal.   I typically also make another vegetable side, a tossed salad or cauliflower rice would go well!  (Recipe for cauliflower rice coming soon!)

My Recipe will make 4 stuffed peppers halves... 

Ingredients:
2 Large Green Bell Peppers 
1 clove of garlic diced
5-10 Grape tomatoes halved
1/2 lb of ground turkey 
1/4 cup of spinach (I used packaged frozen spinach)
1/4 cup of Feta Cheese
1/4 cup of Good Seasons Italian dressing with Sunflower Oil.
1/4 cup of Almond Meal/Flower 
Tomato Sauce - use as much as desired.  I only covered mine lightly.



Slice your green peppers in half and then "gut" them.   I try to get all the seeds out (you can see I left some lonely seeds in there, whoops!)  Try to make them as "cup like" as possible.  In a typical stuffed pepper recipe you would only cut the top off, however, they are too large.  So, to keep an eye on portion size I cut the pepper in half.  


Mix together the turkey, feta cheese, tomatoes, spinach, almond meal, Italian dressing, and garlic.  Now fill your pepper cups with the meat mixture. 


Cover with tomato sauce and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes depending on your oven and the size of the peppers



Voila! A yummy and flavorful healthy dinner that's quick and easy! 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment