Image Map

Sunday, February 24, 2013

My 5 Transitional Pieces for Spring

With spring around the corner (literally, YAY!) I know we're all thinking of ways to transition our closets.  Today I've chosen 5 pieces that will transition from winter to spring.  Some will even take you through summer to fall!

1. The Ankle Bootie
Incredibly versatile piece that can be dressed up or down.  Whatever type of style you have, you can bet they've made an ankle bootie for you!  I've picked a few of my favorites and styled them below.  One with a Moto jacket and printed skinnies and the other with a bold shift dress.

the ankle bootie


Steve Madden studded bootie / ALDO boots / Lucky Brand western booties / ALDO western boots / Rocket Dog booties
Leather motorcycle jacketskinny fit jeansshift dress

2. The Shirt Dress
This one is my favorite because not only does it transition well into spring, but then into summer and into fall.  It's a staple for sure.  Wear it now with leggings, flats or booties and later with bare legs and sandals.  Dress it up with lots of fun accessories; add a fedora, scarf and cool sunnies! 
the shirt dress



collared dress / GAP stripe dress / Old Navy three quarter sleeve dress 
ponte pants /  lace up heels /  ballerina shoescotton scarvecrochet hat


3. The Leather Skirt
Now I could see this not exactly being a staple piece, it's probably more of an extra in your closet (if you own one at all).  It's a great transition piece because it's heavy enough while there is still snow on the ground but cute enough to pull you into spring.  Below I've styled it two ways, kind of preppy and a little edgy.  Which one do you like best?

Leather Skirt



Oasis faux leather pleated skirt / Topshop leather mini skirt
 tanktop  / Patent leather pumps / Black wedge heels /straw clutch


4. The Denim Jacket
A layering piece for anytime of year.  A great way to add some texture and dimension to your outfit.  Wear it over a patterned top with white or colored jeans! 
Denim Jacket

 Denim jacket / jean jacket 

 topslim fit jeanshandbag

5. The Striped Blazer
OK, yes I know.. Clearly I'm obsessed with a few things this spring has to offer.  I cannot help that the striped nautical look is here to stay for a while!  A Navy and white striped jacket of any kind is a great way to add some interest to a boring outfit.  Add it to a bold colored top with jeans and some accessories.  This is a perfect weekend go to! 
Striped Blazer



1. J.Crew fitted blazer / 2. GAP ponte jacket 
V neck topskinny jeansbow ballet flat /  straw fedora / aviator sunglasses

Look this week for my picks on the 30x30 Remix Challenge.  I'm going to give this a whirl in March in hopes to be more thankful of what I have and re-spark some creativity within my closet!

Hope you're all having a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of striped blazers. So cute! Thanks for ideas on what to wear them with. I might have to look into buying one... Love the blog!

    Kaitlin
    teaandsequin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I scooped one up for this season. Old Navy has a jersey knit one that's pretty affordable!

      xo
      NIna

      Delete