Image Map

Friday, September 6, 2013

10 classic pieces to upgrade for fall!

I'm not the only one with the fall season on the brain!  I was going to do this whole "what I would wear to New York Fashion Week" and couldn't think of anything except lush cozy sweaters, soft denim and ankle booties.   So I went with this instead!
It was a goal of mine this year to upgrade my wardrobe to have mostly classic and timeless pieces with a few trendy items thrown in the mix here and there.  I've done a decent job achieving that; but, every season change I come up with a new list of basics/wardrobe staples that either need upgrading or that I just lack period.
I rounded up a few things that I think every gal needs to head into chilly weather!

1. a cute crew cut sweater - there are plenty of printed lightweight sweaters all over the place right now and what a perfect layering piece!?
2. a lux sweatshirt - this houndstooth one from J.Crew Factory is to die for!
3. the boyfriend button up - this patterned one is a new twist on a classic look.  I want one in every color and pattern they are so versatile; pair them with jeans, pencil skirts or dress pants.
4. a neutral poncho - great to throw on to run errands or to wear lounging.  It's like wearing a blanket... except way sexier than a snuggy.
5. dark wash boyfriend jeans - we all know my obsession for boyfriend jeans... I say no more.
6. leopard - whether skimmers, loafers, a bag, a jacket.  Something!
7. ankle boots! GREAT for transitioning summer dresses into fall and paired with distressed jeans?  amaze-balls.
8. utility jacket - or vest! either is super chic and adds a bit of edge to any outfit.
9. a puffer vest - great layering piece! I love mine, however may be looking for one with a collar and no hood this season.
10. wellies - this is a fall must have.  Everything is so wet and gross on the ground; you'll need these to keep you clean, dry and adorable of course.

Are you updating any basics this season?  Which are your favorites!?

fall back into classics


Shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment