Image Map

Friday, May 10, 2013

out of town wedding - 3 days of outfits!

Next weekend I'll be traveling for a friend's wedding.  I'm so excited and anxious; some of the anxiety came from my "what to wear" dilemma!
First, I'm an over packer - like, big time.  I will pack a week in advance and continue to compile articles of clothing until I have a carry on size suitcase full of clothes for 2-3 days.  Not necessary - but, I'm sure I'm not the only one.
My weekend plans include: dinner and drinks Friday evening post arrival.  Wedding Saturday, and then likely brunch before I hit the road again.

Travel day one I will seek comfort, but I also want to be presentable when I arrive so I don't have to fuss too much before dinner.  
I styled a chambray top with white skinnies, simple accessories and comfortable shoes.   I threw in there the "wedding day" shoes to dress up this look for dinner and drinks later in the evening.  A simple flat would also do.

My spring wedding look features this adorable eyelet dress!  I had a lot of trouble finding something to purchase (or not purchase) for this one.  I perused through my closet and have nothing but LBD's which I didn't feel was appropriate for a May wedding.  What's a girl to do? I went to the mall of course.  If you follow me on Instagram you know that I scored that frock for $9 on sale.  Anyways, I styled (or will style) it with simple accessories in the same tone family with comfortable but dressy shoes.  A simple clutch to carry my essentials.
It's important when finding a dress to wear that you keep in mind 2 things:
1. The Bride has picked out her own colors for a reason, you don't want to look like the bridal party.  Be sure you don't match!
2. Don't upstage the Bride.

On Sunday I will likely be seeking comfort and a Bloody Mary!  A casual top and comfortable jeans that can be dressed up or down is the way to go for me.  

Have any spring weddings coming up - what would you wear?

travel day1






wedding day






sunday



No comments:

Post a Comment