Image Map

Monday, August 26, 2013

grateful








I write this as I sit, delayed, in Cleveland airport.  This morning we went to leave our beachy North Carolina vacation and was in a pretty bad accident which we all walked away from.  All it takes is one person not paying attention or checking blind spots and boom - there you are stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and a state you're unfamiliar with.  

Let's back up a few days, though.  We arrived at Carolina Beach Wednesday afternoon and the weather was gorgeous.  We dropped our things in the beach house and headed straight for the beach.   The ocean was so warm but I am not really a boogie boarder so I just enjoyed the view and snapped some pics.   We went out for seafood for dinner!  YUM!
We woke up Thursday morning, got ourselves some breakfast and did a round of golf.  Only 9 holes since, of course, we wanted to get to the beach!  Once we got to the beach a huge storm rolled.  So we quickly packed up our things and scurried back to the beach house.  Seafood dinner again! 
Friday we went to South Port for lunch and some shopping.  There were a TON of beautiful little boutiques.  I didn't end up buying anything.  Guess what we had for lunch?  Yep! Seafood. 
Saturday was our last Carolina Beach day.  We ate breakfast at Kate's (not seafood, although they did have crab eggs benedict on the menu which I found intriguing) and headed to the beach for the day.  I have a wicked tan/burn going on the front of my body.  Clearly I didn't thinking of flipping on my stomach all day.  It's actually quite funny. 
Guess what we ate for dinner - SEAFOOD.  My friend and I split the seafood boil platter - crab legs, clams, muscles, shrimp, oysters, corn on the cob, cole slaw and garlic mashed potatoes.  If you follow on Instagram you know that I gorged myself in that and a HUGE pina colada.  When in Rome, right? 
All in all a pretty good time!  

After the accident this sweet southern woman offered me a ride to the Raleigh airport which I was able to adjust my flight to take me out of.   I am so grateful for her, for my wonderful time in Carolina Beach and that Katie, Mike and myself are OK and mostly non injured.   

Sorry I don't have any outfits for you - I didn't really dress cute all week which was some what relaxing.  Back to the regularly scheduled program tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!  I missed ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment