Image Map

Friday, August 2, 2013

my current crushes

I've really been thinking about the pieces I'll need in the up coming months to vamp up my closet, replace worn out staples and purchase staples I still "need".   This newly acquired dress code is putting shopping and my needs and extras list in a whole new light.  I find myself gravitating towards much dressier pieces that can be remixed with casual pieces to keep my outfits fresh in the office and on the weekends.   I'm also itching for a new handbag, new leopard flats and versatile pop pieces.   But, let's not forget the need for neutrals and basics!

My goal this year was to invest in more quality pieces for my closet verses quantity.  Now, we all want to get more bang for our buck so I'm definitely still shopping sales and trying to get a bargain where I can.  But, I've definitely taken more of a turn to shop at places like The Gap and J.Crew Factory whereas before I was shopping at Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe.
I think it's an age thing, too!  I'm nearly 30 and the last time I walked into Charlotte Russe I walked out with belts because I honestly felt that was the ONLY thing in the store I could fit into my life.  It was a scary moment.  Luckily Forever 21 still has some really great basic essentials, at a reasonable cost, that are a little more sophisticated looking.  
I've definitely achieved owning more expensive looking (at least) wardrobe pieces so far!  But, I'm still craving a few wardrobe updates...

Do you have anything your currently crushing on?



currently crushing on



No comments:

Post a Comment