Image Map

Friday, January 3, 2014

*NEW FEATURE* fitness friday!

Who made a resolution to get to the gym more often or be a healthier version of you? This weekly feature is for you!   I wanted to show you how easy it is to not only get in a great workout at home with minimal equipment and a recipe to go along with it.   Since we are just coming off of the Holidays the "recipe" isn't really all that impressive, but I don't really do fancy all that often.  I just try to change it up so that I don't get tired of the same ole chicken dish or what not.    I wanted to share all things I make with you, though.  Just because this dish isn't glamorous doesn't mean it isn't quick, easy, inexpensive and healthy! 

This Chair Workout I found on Pinterest is great for you busy mom's, students, anybody! 





I typically always have veggies, a white onion, garlic and some kind of meat to sauté together.  


I use sunflower oil because it's inexpensive and natural.  Vegetable Oil is typically soy which doesn't fall under my Paleo Diet restrictions so I tend to stay away from it.  If you switched to this you wouldn't even taste a difference.  I use it for sautéing and for salad dressings.


Depending on how many people you have eating with you dice your white onion and sauté in the sunflower oil. 


While the onions are cooking I cut up the broccoli, cauliflower and a clove of garlic.  Again, the quantity depends on how many you have eating with you.   I'm usually eating alone or with one other, so I don't make very much at a time. 


A rotissary chicken is a great way to keep quick meat/protein in the fridge.  My grocery store charges about $5-$6 and I usually get a few meals out of it.  I use these for soup, salad, and to toss into veggies. 


I diced the chicken breast and tossed it into the pan with my veggies to heat it. 


I usually add one turn on the grinder of salt and two turns of pepper


Once all the veggies are cooked to your liking and chicken is heated plate your food and enjoy!  I added a garnish of salsa for a little added flavor and spice!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment