Image Map

Thursday, January 30, 2014

spring on the mind...

I've got spring on the brain a month and a half too early!  What I've been trying to do lately, as many of you are probably doing the same, is evaluate the pieces in my closet and determine what can be sole, donated, kept and thrown away.  I have a little pile started in my bedroom and as I sift through items in my closet the pile gets slightly bigger.  I try to stick to a 6 month rule unless it's a strictly seasonal or timeless piece.   Questions I ask myself -
Am I still in love with the piece?
Can I wear this 3 separate ways?

With all this evaluation of what I currently have, don't wear or need, or do need... I've compiled a little spring wish list.  I am still working on obtaining some of those tried and true closet staples while  I'd like to add some updates for this new season as well. 


Red Flats - surely a closet staple and although I have a hot pink pair, red is the perfect classy pop of color to either a monochromatic or black and white asnam.
Classic Trench - a no brainer right?  Although, the reason I haven't splurged on this piece is as of late we typically don't have much of a transition season.  In recent years this has changed and so has me rethinking this timeless piece. 
Spring Bauble - I'm loving this gorgeous and colorful piece!  Something similar will surely find it's way into my jewelry box.
Sweatshirt Dress - something sweet and neutral that I can dress up for work and dress down for the weekends. 
A Weekend Crossbody - I especially love this style from Sole Society.  It is perfect for every day and weekend with the two tone detail and double straps. 
Distressed Denim Pencil - what a cool update to a classic business look.  I'm not certain I can pull this off for my office but I'm into skirts on the weekends too, especially with Toms or sneaks.
White Chucks - I've seen too many snaps on Pinterest.  I'm caving! 
Graphic Tees - Again, succumbing to the blogging pressures.  Whereas before I'd steer away from anything drawing too much attention to my chest, now I want to pair these graphic tees with everything!

What's on your spring wish list? 

Don't forget to enter the DateVitation giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment