Image Map

Friday, January 10, 2014

fitness friday!


Isn't the title of this workout just hilarious!?  It's an ass burner, that's for sure.  Har, har, har. 
Do this before devouring the below recipe :) 

Another great at home, no equipment, no excuses workout.   I myself have taking it slowly getting back into the gym and the grind of bustin' my tail.  I do this with the though that every week I can go harder and harder.   As long as you don't lose motivation that way I say go for it.  For me, if I'm intensely sore I'll skip out the next day.  

Set 5 goals for yourself this week; here are mine... 
1.  make it to 1 spinning class
2. get out and run 4 miles this weekend towards the half marathon training (race in April)
3.  gym at least 4 out of 5 days next week (thursdays are usually my rest day)
4. don't eat the entire frozen pizza this weekend, heh... 
5. sense triggers of fullness - portion control is key. 



I have been meaning to make a Paleo potato leek soup recipe I found, but due to the polar vortex my local grocery store was out of quite a bit of produce items this week and I ended up totally winging it with a creamy potato soup.  

Ingredients:
3-4 white potatoes depending on size
2 cups of Chicken broth
2 carrots
4 stalks of celery
1/2 white onion
bunch of green onion
3-4 slices of bacon
1/8 cup cheddar cheese
3 cups coconut milk (unsweetened)
2 cloves of garlic diced
dash of chili powder
dash of paprika
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
I first pealed the potatoes. 
Then I sliced all my vegetables; the onion, celery, and carrot get diced and the potatoes I cut into quarters so that I could boil them quicker. 
Add your potatoes to your chicken broth and boil until almost cooked.
In a frying pan sauté your onion, celery and carrots in coconut oil or sunflower oil

Once the carrot, onion and celery are nearly done add them to your pot with the potatoes.  
Add the coconut milk, garlic and all seasoning. 
Boil until all vegetables are soft. 

While you're boiling cook the bacon strips in the microwave.  I give 1 min per strip. 
Also, cut your green onion. 

Now take an emersion blender and puree together.  You can also do this by pouring this into a blender, I imagine that option is much messier.  Best of luck.  

pour into a bowl, top with cheese, bacon and green onion and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment