Image Map

Friday, January 24, 2014

{FITNESS FRIDAY} & kale chorizo soup

Happy Friday peeps - Fitness Friday!  Woot!  Yeah, yeah I slacked this week a little bit.  Getting out of bed when the temperature says -5* is rough.   Isn't this about overcoming challenges though? That's right, I went to the gym this morning and did a spartan workout.  Sweat my booty off.  TGIF!  

This ladder workout should get your blood pumping!  














Have you ever thrown random things in a crockpot and it actually ended up turning out ok?  Well, that is how this recipe came to life.  I LOVE crockpot meals being that I'm usually running home from work and then to the studio.  Even nights that I spend at home I'm starved by the time I get there; it helps to have something ready to go and cooking while you work!


Ingredients: 
1 medium sized yam or sweet potato
2 links of pre cooked chorizo
2 small cans of stew tomatoes (I used one plain and one italian seasoned)
half a small carton of baby bella mushrooms
three large handfuls of chopped kale (I buy the precooked/washed bags)
1/2 a white onion
water and/or beef broth
garlic powder
salt and pepper

Directions:
First I cut everything into bit size pieces. 
I add everything but the kale and tomatoes to the crockpot. 
Now add your cans of tomatoes followed by 2 cans full of water or beef broth. 
now add your kale and stir as best as you can.  

Put the crockpot on low and cook for 8-10 hours. 
Serve and enjoy!


I have a 4 quart CrockPot and this usually gives me about 6 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment