Image Map

Thursday, July 25, 2013

leopard & lace





This is completely random, yet thought provoking. 
 Yesterday I taught a co-worker how to "hashtag".   She said, and I quote, "blah, blah, blah, that was so funny hashtag". 
Really, the fact that she misused hashtag is what stood out to me.  I then proceeded to teach her how to hashtag by using an example 
"Steven isn't hip enough to know #sorrynotsorry" 

This got me thinking....  First, where in the world did this come from?  I mean, it just seems kind of crazy and awesome all at the same time that someone would come up with using the number symbol or "hash" sign to tag phrases so that they could then be searched for future use.  ((pow)) mind explosion.   It also shows a gigantic generational gap.  I myself only know hashtag-ing thanks to social media and the pressure of keeping up with the Jones'.   But, the people who came before me, my elders so to speak, they are SO in the dark.  #oldfarts  If it weren't for their children, they'd be lost in this cyber hashtag universe!  
Do you ever wonder what the world is coming to?  (Dramatic, I know)

Honestly, my co-worker laughed for ten straight minutes at my #sorrynotsorry. 

#itwasntthatfunny

Details:
Top - Forever 21, similar 
Skirt - Old Navy
Shoes - Target


No comments:

Post a Comment